Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering is a popular undergraduate program offered by many universities in Malaysia. The program is designed to equip students with the knowledge and skills required to design, develop, and maintain mechanical systems and equipment.
Some of the universities in Malaysia that offer Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering include:
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
- Universiti Malaya (UM)
- Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
- Taylor’s University
- INTI International University
- Multimedia University (MMU)
- Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR)
- Sunway University
The duration of the Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering program in Malaysia is typically four years. The program covers various topics, including mechanics, thermodynamics, materials science, manufacturing processes, and design. Students also undertake practical training and projects to gain hands-on experience in the field.
Graduates of Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering can pursue a career in various industries, including manufacturing, automotive, aerospace, energy, and robotics. They can also work as design engineers, project engineers, maintenance engineers, quality engineers, and many other roles.
International fees for a Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering program in Malaysia
The international fees for a Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering program in Malaysia vary depending on the university and the duration of the program. Generally, international students can expect to pay higher fees than local students.
The annual international fees for a Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering program in Malaysia range from approximately RM 35,000 to RM 70,000 (roughly USD 8,300 to USD 16,500) per year. However, these fees are only a rough estimate, and students should check with individual universities for the most up-to-date information on tuition fees.
It’s also worth noting that some universities offer scholarships and financial aid programs to international students to help cover the cost of tuition fees. Students can check with the universities they are interested in to see if they are eligible for financial assistance.
The entry requirements for a Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering program in Malaysia may vary depending on the university. However, most universities generally have similar requirements. Here are the common entry requirements for the Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering program in Malaysia:
- Academic Qualifications: Students should have completed their secondary education or equivalent, with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or equivalent.
- English Language Proficiency: International students whose first language is not English are required to provide evidence of their English language proficiency. Most universities accept either the TOEFL or IELTS test results. The minimum required score for TOEFL is 550 (paper-based) or 79 (internet-based), while for IELTS, the minimum required score is 6.0.
- Mathematics and Science: Students are required to have a strong background in mathematics and science, particularly in physics and chemistry.
- Other requirements: Some universities may also require students to submit a personal statement, letter of recommendation, and attend an interview as part of the admission process.
It’s important to note that the entry requirements may vary from university to university, and students should check with the universities they are interested in to see their specific requirements and the application process.
scholarships available for international students
There are several scholarships available for international students who wish to pursue a Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering program in Malaysia. Some of the scholarships are offered by the Malaysian government, while others are offered by universities, private organizations, and foundations. Here are some of the scholarships available for international students in Malaysia:
- Malaysian Government Scholarships: The Malaysian government offers scholarships to international students through the Malaysian Technical Cooperation Programme (MTCP) and the Malaysian International Scholarship (MIS).
- University Scholarships: Many universities in Malaysia offer scholarships to international students, such as the Taylor’s University Global Scholarship, INTI International University Merit Scholarship, and Multimedia University Merit Scholarship.
- Private Organizations and Foundations: There are several private organizations and foundations in Malaysia that offer scholarships to international students, such as the Yayasan Sime Darby Scholarship, Khazanah Global Scholarship Programme, and CIMB ASEAN Scholarship.
- Corporate Scholarships: Some corporations in Malaysia offer scholarships to international students, such as the Maybank Scholarship Programme and the Petronas Education Sponsorship Programme.
Students can check with the universities they are interested in for scholarship opportunities or visit scholarship portals such as StudyMalaysia.com and ScholarshipPortal.com to search for scholarships that match their qualifications and needs. It’s important to note that scholarship requirements and availability may vary, and students should check the scholarship websites regularly to stay up-to-date on any changes.